Ahead of this weekend’s Premier League action Enrich Naija will be providing you with key match facts and all you need to know about the fixture, with team news, provisional squads. Here is all the information you need for Arsenal’s trip to Watford.
Watford trio Ikechi Anya, Valon Behrami and Allan Nyom are expected to feature despite not playing during the international break because of injury.
Jose Manuel Jurado, Joel Ekstrand and Tommie Hoban remain unavailable.
Arsenal forward Alexis Sanchez is a doubt because of a hip problem. Laurent Koscielny has had a hamstring injury and will also be assessed.
Midfielders Mathieu Flamini and Mikel Arteta should return from a hamstring injury and a dead leg respectively.
Key Match Facts
- Odion Ighalo has scored Watford’s last five Premier League goals.
- Petr Cech has the best save percentage in the PL this season (82%, minimum 5 saves).
- Watford have the lowest shot conversion rate (8.6%) and shooting accuracy (34.3%) figures in the Premier League this season.
- Alexis Sanchez has scored five times in his last two league appearances.
- Heurelho Gomes has made 14 punches this season; five more than any other PL keeper.
- The top two players for most sprints in the Premier League this term are Aaron Ramsey (560) and Ikechi Anya (533).
- The Hornets’ last win over Arsenal came at Highbury in April 1988.
Theo Walcott has 12 goals and three assists in his last 14 Premier League starts.Watford have never won a Premier League game in the month of October (D4 L5).
- The Gunners have won their last five meetings with the Hornets in all competitions, including all four previous Premier League clashes.
- Watford have only conceded three goals in their last six top-flight matches at Vicarage Road.
- Their four home league matches have featured just two goals in total, compared to 11 goals in four away fixtures.
- Watford have never won a Premier League game in the month of October (D4 L5).
- Arsenal have won three of their four away league games this season.
Referee: Mike Jones Assistants: R West, A Holmes Fourth Official: K Friend
Arsenal (from): Cech, Ospina, Bellerin, Chambers, Debuchy, Gabriel, Gibbs, Koscielny, Mertesacker, Monreal, Arteta, Cazorla, Coquelin, Flamini, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Ozil, Ramsey, Campbell, Giroud, Sanchez, Walcott.
Watford (from): Arlauskis, Gilmartin, Gomes, Ake, Belkalem, Britos, Cathcart, Hoban, Holebas, Nyom, Paredes, Prodl, Abdi, Behrami, Capoue, Dyer, Guedioura, Watson, Berghuis, Deeney, Diamanti, Ibarbo, Ighalo, Oulare.
Enrich Naija Blog’s prediction
This is a big game for Arsenal. They were terrible against Olympiakos, then a few days later they rip Man Utd apart. It is Arsenal, it’s them all over.
It will be hard, but I’m going 4-1 to the Gunners. If they want to be genuine title contenders they have to beat Watford in these types of games.
ALSO READ THIS: Watford vs Arsenal Match Preview
You’ll get games with Arsenal that are absolutely brilliant, and others where they’re not. This is a massive game, especially with Bayern Munich coming up afterwards. Lose this and then lose to Bayern, and confidence is shot again.
Mesut Ozil Celebrted his birthday recently, here is the 23 Things You Need to Know about Mesut Ozil
Share your own prediction.