Starting and running your own online business in Nigeria could be one of the most enriching experiences of your life. Don’t let your fear of failure make you miss out.
Would you love to start or re-start an online business in Nigeria but are afraid to? If yes, then it’s time to overcome and put your fears behind you because in this article you will discover the Top 6 fears most people have about starting an online business in Nigeria and exactly how to overcome them for good to start making a money. The obstacle in starting a small business is not actually about products or selling or money – it’s fear.
Before I start, let’s proceed with a question: Can a Nigerian really make money online legitimately? YES! But let’s take the emphasis off the word ‘REALLY’ and place it where it belongs – on YOU.
Sure you can! IF you REALLY want to.
Desire is the first key to success.
But here’s where it gets a little tricky. If your desire is for money alone rather than what money can buy, your work will be made much harder, if not impossible because Money is only a Tool and so you should focus on the good that money will bring to your life, such as free time and all the fun ways to spend it, then you’ll give positive direction to your efforts.
Think about it. What can that money buy you? A new car, your kids’ education, a new land, a second honeymooon … how about living in an island working from there? Are these really possible for you? YES! So dream a little – dream a LOT, but create some desire, and a REASON to work hard for what you want to achieve.
And this brings me to the Fears many people have about owning an online/offline business and how to overcome them:
1. Fear of I don’t know where to Start: I can’t tell you how many times I’ve heard “I want to start my own business, but…” Followed by any number of reasons. Typical responses are “I don’t know what to sell”, “I don’t know how to set up a website”, “I don’t know which step to take” etc. But the truth is that you can start online business without even owning a website. You can use your social media, like facebook, twitter etc to sell your products if its importation business you want to venture into.
Fear is paralyzing and it STOPS great ideas and great business without ever seeing daylight of commencing. The reasons are above are genuine hurdles people face but what matters is how you turn around these fears to your advantage.
2. Fear of if I Don’t Succeed. Start acting as if you are your own boss. Feel as you Feel what it’s like to make your own schedule and generate your own money. Once my you started doing this, you will realize it will build your confidence. The first thing you need to do to prepare to succeed is to learn how to do it. You already know how to fail. You can fail by doing nothing or you can fail by doing stupid things. But how do you succeed? By finding out exactly what you would need to be successful and ensuring that those needs are met.
3. Fear of Not Being Educated. This is one of the fear too… but remember you can learn the basic of the business you want to venture. Knowledge is power. Take classes or attend seminars to learn practical skills and start to market and grow your business or get ebooks, guide that will help you to start a certain online business.
4. Fear of Running Out of Money: This is a very real concern for the newbie who’s using savings to fund a new online business. Advertising, pay articles etc. but you can start small and grow big. Plan the business well before you venture into it.
5. Fear of What product to sell: This is also the reason people don’t venture into online business, you can start from mini importation business and grow from there, as well as blogging if you have an area you are good at.
6. Fear of being Scammed Online: Now this fear is a real BIG online business Killer! The truth is who has not been scammed online before? What most Nigerians refer to as a scam is, they bought someone’s product but they never got the product or they bought and got the product but never made any money from it. But the truth is that human being are greedy in nature, you see a product that tells you to get overnight wealth (get-rich quick) and you went ahead to buy…you don’t need any body to tell you is a scam.
In starting your online business you Simply acknowledge the inner voice that’s been nudging you to venture into the world of business. Write “Yes! I accept my yearning!” on a big piece of paper, and post it on your wall, just to remind yourself that you are moving forward. It took me some years before I leave my comfort zone, now I can see the possibility of being my own boss.
Starting and running your own small business could be one of the most enriching experiences of your life. Don’t let your fear of failure make you miss out.
If you’ve enjoyed it or learnt something new and beneficial, then join my FREE online business newsletter so you can get tips and updates of new posts right inside your email about smart ways to make money online in Nigeria by filling the form at the right hand corner of this blog.
Please search this articles with your loved ones and friends, Follow us on our social media.