If you want to get rich, you must first think like the rich, empower yourself with wealthy thoughts, instead of poverty enriched thinking. You can’t expect to get rich by thinking lack. The rich and poor think in very different ways, and that’s the real difference between them. If you’ve been in a pattern of financial lack or a lack of progress all your business life, then you need to examine your thinking and adjust it to match your goals. The best way to determine what mental patterns are running your financial life is to look at your results, then ask yourself these revealing questions…
1. Do you consistently earn large amounts or small amounts of money?
2. Is your income consistent or inconsistent?
3. Do you struggle for money or does money come easily?
4. When you have money, are you an investor or a spender?
5. What’s the highest amount your mind has ever let you earn?
It’s important to realize that no matter what your current money pattern is, you can improve it or even change it completely if you want to. The first step is awareness – Awareness of what patterns have been creating your current results and how they differ from the patterns you should be running. To get you started, here are 17 ways Rich people think different from poor people (From T. Harv Eker’s book “The Millionaire Mind” – Read it!)
1. Rich people believe “I create my life.” Poor people believe “Life happens to me.”
2. Rich people play the money game to win. Poor people play the money game to not lose.
3. Rich people are committed to being rich. Poor people want to be rich.
4. Rich people think big. Poor people think small.
5. Rich people focus on opportunities. Poor people focus on obstacles.
6. Rich people admire other rich and successful people. Poor people resent rich and successful people.
7. Rich people associate with positive, successful people. Poor people associate with negative or unsuccessful people.
8. Rich people are willing to promote themselves and their value. Poor people think negatively about selling and promotion.
9. Rich people are bigger than their problems. Poor people are smaller than their problems.
10. Rich people are excellent receivers. Poor people are poor receivers.
11. Rich people choose to get paid based on results. Poor people choose to get paid based on time.
12. Rich people think “both.” Poor people think “either/or.”
13. Rich people focus on their net worth. Poor people focus on their working income.
14. Rich people manage their money well. Poor people mismanage their money well.
15. Rich people have their money work hard for them. Poor people work hard for their money.
16. Rich people act in spite of fear. Poor people let fear stop them.
17. Rich people constantly learn and grow. Poor people think they already know.
You must acquire the mental patterns that create wealth and put them to use immediately. Remember, we are creatures of habit, and therefore the habit of managing your money (and mind) effectively is more important than the amount you’re on today.