It’s Mourinho vs Wenger once again, with a mouth-watering London derby in prospect at Stamford Bridge. Wenger got the better of his counterpart in the Community Shield, and Chelsea have disappointed thus far in the Premier League.
After Arsenal beat Chelsea in the Community Shield, Wenger wants his team to register what would be his first league win over a Mourinho side.
“It is the first important step,” he said. “We want to show now a second one.”
We have highlighted 11 hot facts you need to know between Chelsea and Arsenal.
Chelsea will face Arsenal at 12.45pm on Saturday lunchtime.
- Chelsea are unbeaten against Arsenal in their last seven Barclays Premier League encounters (W4 D3).
- Jose Mourinho is prepared to shake Arsène Wenger’s hand at Stamford Bridge today, as Chelsea and Arsenal meet in the lunchtime kick-off in the Premier League.
- The Gunners have failed to score in their last four Premier League matches against the Blues and have managed just two goals in their last seven league games against them.
- Arsene Wenger secured his first win over Jose Mourinho in the Community Shield on his 14th attempt in all competitions (D6 L7).
- Eden Hazard has scored in the Blues’ last two PL clashes with Arsenal at Stamford Bridge, with both goals coming in the first half from the penalty spot.
- Jose Mourinho has never lost successive league home games as a manager – he lost his last home league game against Crystal Palace (1-2).
- Theo Walcott has scored 11 goals in his last 11 Premier League starts for Arsenal.
- The Gunners have won seven and lost none of their last eight Premier League away matches.
- Chelsea have kept five clean sheets in their last seven Premier League games against Arsenal, including the last four in a row.
READ THIS: Match Preview: Chelsea vs Arsenal
- Arsenal have fired in the most shots on target in the Premier League (39), while Chelsea have allowed their opponents the most in the top flight (38).
- Only David James (169) has kept more clean sheets than Petr Cech (165) in Premier League history and the Czech has not been beaten in his last three league outings.
Chelsea 1 vs Arsenal 2
What is your Opinion?